William Academy Policies and Regulations
Payments and Refunds
1. Refund Policy: Once you register, there are no refunds. If there are special circumstances, such as family relocation, etc., the school may approve a refund according to the remaining amount of the course, and charge 25% of the total tuition fee as a handling fee.
2. Cheque Payments: Students paying by cheque, please make the cheque payable to “William Education Group”. Should the cheque be returned, a $35.00 returned cheque fee will be added to the account.
3. Course Requirements: Parents and students must verify course prerequisite before taking any online courses. William Academy will not issue credit to students who do not provide a transcript that shows that prerequisite requirements have been met.
Course Completion Expectations
1. Completion Deadline: Once enrolled, students have a maximum of 6 months (180 days) to complete the course. If a course is not completed by the end of the 6 month period, they will be considered unsuccessful in the course, and any marks held will be reported as they are.
2. Credit Requirements: Students must complete 110 hours of a course to earn a credit, all of which must be logged in a learning log, indicating what activities were done online and offline, and the time spent on each activity. The learning log is subject to inspection by the school at any time.
Deregistration and Account Deletion
1. Deregistration: If an account is inactive (where there is no record of logging in and actively engaging in course contact) for longer than 90 days, it will be unenrolled from any courses, and either locked or deleted. No refunds will be given in such a circumstance.
Problems and Troubleshooting
1. Usernames and Passwords: Please keep your username and password confidential. Should you lose access to the site, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
2. Access to Courses and Lessons: If a problem occurs in which you cannot access a course in which you are registered, or any of the lessons within, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, and state the exact nature of the problem so that a solution may be found for you as quickly as possible.
Acceptable Use Policy
The school reserves the right to monitor all material in any user account on the file server to determine the appropriateness of computer and system use when a challenge has arisen. The following processes have been put into place:
The Moodle Learning Management System at William Academy Online is intended for educational purposes only. Any use of any Learning Management System (LMS) tool within a course for any other purpose other than the intended educational purpose is prohibited. The inappropriate uses include, but are not limited to, criminal, obscene, commercial, or illegal purposes.
- Student access into the LMS is provided as long as the student follows the guidelines set by the school Principal, provincial, and federal laws
- If the LMS is used inappropriately or in a prohibited manner, including malicious LMS network damage or interference, the Principal will be notified, and a discussion will take place with the student. The Principal reserves the right to terminate registration if subsequent prohibited actions take place.
- It is important to be aware that activities in an online environment are not private
- The school reserves the right to monitor all material that is placed in a user’s account and to remove it if deemed necessary
The security of the online environment is only as effective as the practices of its users. Therefore, it is important that the student user:
- Never reveals their password to their course or to any individual (except your parents/guardians)
- Immediately report to their Principal any email or chat message which causes them concern or any message which requests inappropriate personal information from them.
- Never attempt to access unauthorized material or to impersonate another user
- Never attempt to vandalize, harm or destroy data of another user
- Never attempt to vandalize the data of the course or school